So, if you don't have access to Wi-Fi, you can pull our your smartphone and get online with your laptop. You can do this either by connecting your smartphone to your laptop via a USB cable or by using Bluetooth wireless technology.
The benefits of using a USB cable include:
- Generally a much faster connection
- Generally a more stable connection
- Preserve battery life in your smartphone
- No need to carry a USB cable
- More mobility if you're moving around while tethered
Here are some tips and suggestions if you tether:
- Turn off your Wi-Fi to preserve battery life on your notebook
- Always carry a spare USB cable since you never know when you'll need to tether
- Don't have Bluetooth on your laptop? Get a tiny USB "dongle" so that you can have access to wireless tethering when you need it.
- Check out PdaNet and TetherBerry.