Category 5: Mobile Innovation
5a: Best mHealth Innovation
The Best mHealth Innovation award aims to highlight the rapidly emerging area of mobile connectivity in healthcare which has the potential to address one of the biggest challenges faced globally – how to make high-quality healthcare affordable and accessible to all – while utilising the benefits of mobile technology for innovative diagnoses, treatment and health service operations and logistics. This includes all aspects of mobile healthcare that we are seeing emerge today – from lifestyle and health coaching, decentralised access to healthcare and remote diagnosis solutions, to chronic disease management and healthcare monitoring and treatment compliance. Entries are welcome for mHealth products, devices, solutions, services, applications and initiatives.
The judges will shortlist four to six entries in this category, with one winner announced at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona on Tuesday 15th February 2011.
- This award is open to all organisations in the mHealth ecosystem that provide mobile connectivity based products, devices, services, solutions, applications and initiatives.
- This category is for commercially available devices, services, solutions, applications and initiatives that that have been launched, or are in widespread market trials before the awards entry deadline of Monday 22nd November 2010.
- Please provide evidence in your entry to support this such as launch or trial dates, including details of countries or regions where the product is available or trial undertaken.
* mHealth equipment manufacturers
* mHealth solution providers
* Mobile network operators
* Chipset and module manufacturers
The judges will be looking at how well entries meet the key criteria, as follows:
* Innovation in terms of functionality, technology, business models and market potential
* Usability: How simple/easy is it to use?
* How it taps into new under-served market segments
* Evidence of user take up and market success
The deadline for entries is Monday 22nd November 2010. Shortlists will be announced in January 2011 and the awards will be presented at Mobile World Congress in February 2011.
Learn more here.