Friday, September 30, 2011
This iPhone app and desktop widget provides healthcare professionals with an interactive resource to help illustrate how AFib can affect the heart; visually demonstrate the symptoms, risks and management strategies of atrial fibrillation (AFib); and where patients can learn more.
• AFib management animations: demonstrates the effects of different management strategies for a heart in AFib, including:
• AFib risk animations:
oStroke risk animation:shows an AFib-related stroke to illustrate that a blood clot can travel from the heart to the brain as a result of AFib
oRemodeling process animation: depicts the remodeling process,
which is a result of untreated AFib that affects the shape and size of the heart
• Detailed animated, color diagrams of the heart under normal rhythm and during AFib
• Fluoroscopy (x-ray) images of the heart in and out of rhythm, featuring the heart's electrical impulse
• EKG readings with normal heart rate and with AFib
• Facts about the signs, symptoms, prevalence and risks of AFib can be shared through the "E-mail a Friend" feature
• Links to resources where patients can learn more about AFib
More information here.