is an online physician community. About a year ago, someone conducted a poll of Sermo
physicians and asked, "Do you use PDA/Smartphone technology?"
Interested in the breakdown of responses? It wasn't a huge study sample, but here's what we saw in the early part of 2009:
- I don't use a smartphone/PDA 31%
- PalmOS (Treo, Centro, etc) 23%
- iPhone (3G, etc) 21%
- Windows Mobile (Dell Axim, HTC Touch, Tilt, etc) 13%
- Blackberry (Storm, Bold, Curve, Pearl, etc) 10%
- Google Android (G1, etc) 3%
- Symbian (Nokia, etc) 0%
This posting closed on February 7, 2009. I wonder how the responses would vary if we repeated a similar Sermo
poll this year. I'm sure we'd see fewer people saying that they don't use a smartphone/PDA and we'd see more users with Android and even some with webOS. I doubt that Symbian will ever gain traction here in the United States among medical professionals.
Post a Comment