Voalté Releases Research on Smartphone Readiness in Hospitals
Healthcare industry is among the fastest growing handheld device markets
SARASOTA, Fla. Jan. 26, 2011
– Voalté, a leading developer of innovative point-of-care communications software on the iPhone and BlackBerry smartphone devices, has announced the release of a new white paper, ‘The Smartphone Tsunami- Will Your Hospital Sink or Swim?” The white paper is designed to assist hospital leadership in defining a mobile strategy and workflow guidelines for smartphone usage – from setting the strategic vision to managing devices.
According to the report, “Hospitals must first conduct a site assessment in which all stakeholders are interviewed and issues are discussed to help formulate a comprehensive mobility strategy. Pilots and proofs of concept help test new technology and the perceived impact on clinical workflow. After the initial site assessment, a deeper dive needs to focus on the hospital’s infrastructure to address both the physical and digital landscape.”
The paper covers the following elements of creating a mobility strategy:
* Clinical site assessment
* Pilots and new technologies
* Staying agile
* Training and support
* Preparing the infrastructure
* Device and network security
* Alarm and device management
* Aligning workflows
To download the entire white paper, please visit: http://bit.ly/fqi8H9.
Voalté provides compelling software solutions for healthcare institutions that solve communication problems at the point-of-care. Voalté products are designed to be intuitive, high value, mission critical applications running on the latest generation of touch-based smartphones. For more information, visit www.Voalte.com or call 941.312.2830.