Don't miss this upcoming webinar: HIPAA Texting – What Are You and Your Hospital Doing?
Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT
Physicians are “Super Users” when it comes to smartphones with a penetration rate of 83% compared the general population penetration of approximately 40%. No matter what your hospital policy may be on secure messaging – you can bet that Doctors are texting! We’ve assembled a panel of experts to give you a quick overview on how healthcare providers are using mobile communication and what are the inherent risks to PHI. Legal and compliance experts will weigh in on what HIPAA actually says, as it applies to mobile messaging and a potential risk assessment – what are the potential penalties and exposures? How can you implement a mobile messaging platform that helps Doctors and Hospitals communicate in a secure, compliant, mobile environment on the devices they are already using.
Webinar topics will include:
- Mobile communication hospital environments
- How your Doctors are already using texting
- What HIPAA actually says in regard to mobile messaging
- Risk Assessment – your staff is already texting
- What’s your potential exposure
- Case Study
1. HIPAA audits are coming
2. Understand mobile and how it impacts your staff and patients
3. Learn what HIPAA actually says about mobile
4. Find out how to protect you and your staff
Dr. James French, Executive Director, Cone Health Hospitalist Program
Adam H. Greene, Partner, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
Paresh Amin, CISSP, Expert Security Compliance Consultant
Brad Brooks, President and Co-Founder of TigerText
More information here.
Post a Comment