The award-winning magazine—which will be published in September—will provide in-depth, practical articles and research on the issues that manufacturers and hospitals face in managing medical devices on the IT network—in a world that’s going increasingly wireless.
The Horizons publication will be distributed to 10,000 medical technology professionals, including to all AAMI members and attendees at several biomedical association meetings and industry events this fall. The publication will also be available at AAMI's Annual Conference & Expo in Charlotte, NC, June 2-4, 2012.
In addition to The mHealth Summit, other groups supporting Horizons are:
- The Healthcare Information Management and Systems Society (HIMSS)
- The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME)
- The American College of Clinical Engineering (ACCE)
- The Wi-Fi Alliance
As supporters, these organizations will promote the publication to their members and customers to help expand the visibility of the articles and issues.
“This broad-based collaboration with six significant organizations underscores our decision to tackle a tough challenge in healthcare,” said AAMI President Mary Logan.
The publication will cover topics such as a:
- Step-by-step risk management of networks
- Preparing biomeds for the future
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s medical device data system rule
- Implementation stories from the field
For more information about Horizons, visit www.aami.org/publications/horizons
Founded in 1967, AAMI (the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation) represents more than 6,000 medical equipment professionals. For more information about AAMI, visit www.aami.org.
Post a Comment