Here's information about a free webinar (sponsored by BoxTone) on this topic:
Securely Manage Mobile Medical Devices & Apps: A Healthcare IT Network How To Guide
Thursday, November 17, 2011
2:00 pm Eastern Standard Time
Mobile devices like the iPhone, iPad and new Android devices represent one of the biggest opportunities of the last decade to improve service delivery at the patient point of care. Driving the charge are mobile medical apps for EMR, imaging, lab orders and clinical decision support, with FDA 510(k) clearances for apps coming weekly.
But whether the devices are hospital issued – or BYOD owned by staff practitioners – healthcare IT needs an automated framework for secure device provisioning, app development and deployment, compliance monitoring, ongoing support, change management and retirement. Ideally the same systems would also provide "reasonable safeguards" for the protection of ePHI sent, received or stored by a mobile device in accord with HIPAA guidelines.
This Webinar will focus on today's best practices for full lifecycle mobile management:
• Rapidly creating, deploying and managing mobile medical apps
• Empowering healthcare IT to proactively secure all mobile devices with continuous monitoring of policy compliance and proactive auto-remediation of violations with full audit trail
• Simplifying remote support and ensuring best end user experience with highest quality mobile service levels
• Brian Reed, Chief Product Officer, BoxTone
• Tyler Stone, Partner Manager, Apperian
CPHIMS, This activity qualifies for 1.0 contact hour toward recertification of the CPHIMS credential.
You can register for this event here.