Laguna Niguel, California, April 3, 2012 - Iconosys, Inc., a leading mobile safety Smartphone application developer in Orange County, CA, today announces the release of the Aids Walk 2012 Smartphone App for the AIDS Services Foundation Orange County.
Walkers can now use their Smartphones, in order to register, donate, and support the foundation.
The AIDS Walk Orange County is set to happen on May 6th, 2012 inside the Disneyland Resort.
"In this, AIDS Walk OC's 26th year, we are very proud to be able to align ourselves with such a worthy cause! Our app, with year round usability, we are confident will be appreciated and enjoyed by the thousands that support this organization." Wayne Irving CEO and co-founder, Iconosys, Inc. "Development is underway and we expect to launch the app in the next few weeks."
AIDS WALK OC 2012 App Features include:
- Access to Sign-Up oneself or team to participate in the AIDS Walk 2012 at Disneyland Resort.
- Simple access to make donations to support AIDS Walk OC, any time of the year with Smartphone convenience.
- The app includes a handy "Pedometer" and "Mileage Tracker" for tracking distances walked (at the AIDS Walk 2012 and or anytime year round).
- The app's onboard pedometer calculates your number of steps walked, the distance traveled, and even the number of calories burned. Many diet programs include a pedometer system as a function of their exercise program.
- Access to up to date News, on the AIDS Services Foundations works and successes, all year long.
- Access to AIDS Services Foundation's website, twitter, and facebook and other social networking, all in one place with ultimate convenience.
The App is available now on the Android OS platform for 2012, work is underway to include an iPhone release in time for 2013's event. The app is available from the ASF & Iconosys' websites and facebook pages, the App Hysteria App Store, the Android Market, GetJar, the Amazon App Store.
See the AIDS Walk OC website at: www.ocasf.org/category/asf-events-activities/aids-walk-orange-county
About AIDS Services Foundation:
AIDS Services Foundation of Orange County (ASF) was founded 26 years ago at the beginning of the AIDS epidemic by a small, dedicated group of community volunteers to provide support to their friends and loved ones who were dying of AIDS and in desperate need of help.
Over the years, ASF has served over 75% of the individuals affected by HIV/AIDS in Orange County and has evolved into the most comprehensive and experienced nonprofit HIV/AIDS service agency in Orange County, CA. ASF's staff of more than 50 people reflects the communities served - more than 25% identify themselves as Latino and bilingual in Spanish. ASF is governed by an all-volunteer 21 member board of directors who are leaders in the community. Over 600 volunteers gave over 26,000 hours of their time last year - the equivalent of more than 12 full-time employees. Among our volunteers are people living with HIV/AIDS whose understand further enhances our ability to serve our clients.
About Iconosys, Inc.
Iconosys, a member of the National Organization for Youth Safety (NOYS), and the maker of the widely used and well publicized Word Bully™, Guard's Up!™, LatchKey Kid™, and My Max Speed™ Smartphone apps, is developing technologies and technology driven products for its clients with a goal toward designing apps that enrich, enhance, and ultimately make safer, our day to day lives.
Iconosys develops Apps and technologies for iOS and Android OS Smartphones and tablet computers. See a cross section of some of Iconosys' catalog of nearly 700 Smart device apps from your Smartphone browser: http://apps.iconosys.com, and from your computer browser: http://iconosys.com/product.php.
Post a Comment