PC Magazine has reviewed the HTC Touch Pro2 for Sprint. They rate it 4 (out of 5) stars as a "very good" phone. It even got the PC Magazine "Editor's Choice" recognition. Now I'm really tempted. Here's a summary of their review (with my commentary included):
The HTC Touch Pro2 is the Cadillac Escalade of smartphones: huge, with almost every feature you can think of. Even better, Sprint's version fixes many of the T-Mobile version's flaws. (I wonder how Verizon's version will compare to Sprint's version)Pros:
- Roomy keyboard (nice).
- Great screen (much larger than standard Windows Mobile smartphones).
- World phone (don't need that, but that's nice).
- Very good media player.
- Lots of included software.
- Gorgeous new address book, calendar, dialer, and home screen applications.
- Windows Mobile 6.1 is still pretty old (upgrading to 6.5 coming soon).
- GPS had trouble locking in (hmm, not entirely sure about this one).
- Push e-mail kills the battery (well, I don't use push e-mail, but what if I do a lot of browsing? I'm concerned that might drain the battery).
Post a Comment