Here's what I was expecting with this ROM upgrade:
- OS Upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.5
- Updated drivers to support Global VZ Navigator (Are you planning on traveling internationally anytime soon? The Touch Pro2 is a World Phone)
- HTC TouchFlo 3D enhancements
Updated to image version: 3.04.605.3
Here's what happened:
- I saw the familiar HTC 4-color (red/green/blue/white) bootloader screen, followed by the gray progress bar.
- It took less than a minute for the ROM to get loaded on the phone.
- It took less than 3 minutes for the ROM to unpack and load on the phone (gray screen with blue progress bar).
- Orange Windows screen (preparing your phone for first use...) - progress bar at the bottom. Took less than 2 minutes.
- Prompt to calibrate screen.
- HTC TouchFlo 3D wizard.
- I was up and running!
- The Opera Browser is still 9.5 (build 17963)
- Marketplace (App Store) is a nice feature in Windows Mobile 6.5. You'll have to create a Windows Live account. Installing apps is much easier. However, this isn't a comprehensive App Store. I couldn't find Epocrates or Skyscape, but that's no surprise.
- Mobile Internet Explorer is better, but still not as robust and powerful as Skyfire or Opera Mobile. The zoom bar at the bottom works on Mobile Internet Explorer. Nice!
- File Explorer. Didn't change much.
- Windows Media Player. Also didn't change much.
- Improved radio? Supposedly the radio has changed. I suppose I should have written down all my old info. Well, here's the new info: ROM version 3.04.605.3 and the Radio version is 2.23.00WV
- WorldCard Mobile. Looks like a nice little app to capture business cards using the phone's camera.
Post a Comment