Here's how he describes why they created the app:
In medicine, evidence is the paradigm. It's important to understand the evidence-based trials which support our clinical practice. Of course, its difficult to be reading every single journal article in NEJM, Lancet, BMJ, JACC thoroughly. We sought to create an app that summarizes the most seminal articles into morsels that clinicians can digest quickly and focus primarily on what is important--which is taking care of patients.Journal Club for iPhone puts landmark clinical trials at your fingertips, and answers the clinical questions you need to know.
• Summaries are written by medicine physicians
• Articles cover a wide range of subspecialties
• Share article summaries with colleagues
• Stay current with instant updates
• Powered by the docs at Wiki Journal Club (http://wikijournalclub.org)
Check out journalclubapp.com and download the iPhone app.